- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up from the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California. Out comes Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman to kick things off. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW as Lesnar and Heyman head to the ring.
Heyman takes the mic and talks about how Lesnar vs. Triple H at SummerSlam was uncomfortable to watch. Heyman goes on about how Triple H is strong but Lesnar was able to stop him. Heyman gets hyped up talking about how Lesnar forced Triple H quit on his family, the fans and everyone else. Heyman says Triple H had his dignity and his manhood stripped. He says Lesnar left Triple H a battered shell of a man. Heyman doesn’t feel sorry for Triple H and says none of the fans should either. Heyman calls out referee Scott Armstrong.
Heyman talks about how Triple H had Armstrong bend the rules at SummerSlam. Heyman says Lesnar has two words for Armstrong. Lesnar slowly backs Armstrong to the corner. Lesnar pats him on the head and shoulder, then tells him good job and backs off. Heyman anoints Lesnar as the new King of Kings, the Master of the Brock-tagon and the conqueror of the WWE Universe. Heyman says we all are now the loyal subjects to the master of the WWE Universe, Brock Lesnar. Lesnar’s music hits and they leave.
- Cole and Jerry Lawler plug Shawn Michaels’ appearance for later tonight, via satellite. We go to commercial.
Kofi Kingston, R-Truth and Sin Cara vs. Titus O’Neil, Darren Young and Cody Rhodes
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. They have some Mattel Brawlin’ Buddies for the fans. Out comes their partner Sin Cara. Out first for the next team comes Cody Rhodes. His partners are Titus O’Neil and Darren Young.
Young starts off with Kofi. They trade holds and Young drops Kofi with a shoulder. Young runs the ropes and Kofi takes him down with an elbow for a 2 count. Truth tags in and they double team Young. Kofi with a big kick to the face and a double dropkick to Titus. Cody comes in and Cara pulls him out of the ring. Cara goes to the top but Cody runs away. The tag champs dropkick Titus and Young off the apron. Cara tells Cody to come back to the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Truth goes at it with Young. Truth kicks him in the face but Young fights back. Cody tags himself in and drops Truth for a 2 count. Cody works Truth over and taunts his partners. Titus comes in and continues the beatdown on Truth. Truth tries to comeback but Titus hits a big boot for 2. Young comes back in and steps on Truth before they double team him. Another 2 count on Truth.
Titus comes back in and hits a bunch of shoulder thrusts in the corner. Truth finally fights both of them off but gets stopped by a big Titus clothesline. 2 count by Titus. Titus goes and hits Kofi but turns around to a big shot from Truth. Cody tags in as does Cara. They go at it with Cara hitting his moves. Cara with a big kick from the apron and a crossbody for 2. Everyone is in the ring now and the tag champs send Titus and Young to the floor. Kofi is sent flying over the top. Cody tries to take Cara’s mask off but Cara rolls him up for the win.
Winners: Sin Cara, Kofi Kingston and R-Truth
- Coming later tonight is Zack Ryder and Kane vs. Daniel Bryan and The Miz.
- Matt Striker is backstage with RAW General Manager AJ Lee. David Otunga walks up and says he’s back to RAW. He talks about leaving to film The Hive with Halle Berry. Otunga congratulates AJ on being GM of RAW. He points out that she might need some Harvard educated legal counsel. Otunga offers his services and she wants him to offer them in the ring tonight, against an opponent of her choosing. Otunga walks off. Striker brings up CM Punk’s Tout from earlier about picking his own #1 contender. AJ says that’s fine with her as long as she approves of it. AJ skips off and we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Cole plugs tonight’s Social Media Ambassador Khloe Kardashian. She’s been tweeting about Sin Cara, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman.
Ryback vs. Mike Spinner and Andy
We go to the ring and out comes Ryback with his new theme song. Two local wrestlers are waiting in the ring. Ryback tosses the one guy out of the ring and shoulder thrusts the other into the corner. Ryback manhandles the guy and powerbombs him. Ryback with two more powerbombs as the other guy comes in the ring. Ryback calls him stupid and suplexes him in on his face. Ryback grabs both of them for the double Shellshocked when Jinder Mahal runs in and attacks from behind for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Ryback
- After the bell, Mahal continues the attack and hits Ryback with a knee to the face. Mahal applies The Camel Clutch but Ryback powers to his feet with Jinder on his back. Ryback drops down and Jinder retreats from the ring. Ryback stops one of the local wrestlers from attacking. Ryback grabs both jobbers and slams them down to send a message to Mahal, who looks on from the ramp.
- Chris Jericho is backstage when Dolph Ziggler walks up. Ziggler congratulates him on the SummerSlam win. Ziggler wants a rematch tonight. He says he can beat Jericho. Jericho says he knows how to win the big one and asks if Ziggler does. AJ comes skipping in and makes the rematch. If Jericho loses, his contract is terminated. If Ziggler loses, Jericho gets his Money in the Bank contract. AJ skips off and Ziggler chases after her.
- Alberto Del Rio is shown walking backstage and he’s not happy. He slaps something out of Ricardo Rodriguez’s hands and keeps walking. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Alberto Del Rio. He demands a World Heavyweight Title rematch tonight. AJ Lee comes out and puts him in a match… against Randy Orton.
Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio
Orton makes his way out to a big pop as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and before the match begins, out comes World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. He joins Cole and Lawler for commentary. Orton goes to work on Del Rio and dropkicks him. Orton with an early pin attempt. Orton with a headlock now. Orton goes on and Del Rio rolls to the apron and gets knocked to the floor. Orton goes back to work on Del Rio in the ring. Orton hits a slingshot suplex for a 2 count.
Orton starts stomping on Del Rio and covers for another pin attempt. Orton mounts Del Rio with rights in the corner but Del Rio turns it around. Del Rio with a big kick to the head and a 2 count. Del Rio with a headlock now. Del Rio charges and misses in the corner. Orton rolls him up for 2. Del Rio comes right back with kicks and dropkicks Orton for 2. Del Rio goes on and hits a suplex. Del Rio mocks Orton and stomps away some more. Del Rio goes to the top but Orton cuts him off. Orton climbs up for a superplex and nails it. 2 count for Orton.
Orton makes a comeback and hits the big powerslam. Orton brings Del Rio in from the apron but Del Rio knocks him back to the apron. Del Rio with a big kick to the head and a 2 count. Del Rio stomps away some more but Orton catches him with a backbreaker. Del Rio comes back with more kicks. Orton blocks the cross armbreaker with a swinging neckbreaker. 2 count by Orton. Del Rio goes back to the corner and Orton cuts him off again. Orton grabs Del Rio and hits the second rope draping DDT from out of the corner this time. Orton readies for the RKO and the crowd pops. Ricardo gets on the apron and Orton jumps at him. Sheamus gets up and makes Ricardo run away. Orton and Sheamus lock eyes, allowing Del Rio to attack from behind with the backstabber. Del Rio covers for the pin but Sheamus puts Orton’s foot on the bottom rope, breaking the pin. Del Rio argues with Sheamus and turns around to a big RKO from Orton. Orton covers for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- Cole hypes that CM Punk will name his new #1 contender later tonight. We see the WWE.com video of Punk speaking after SummerSlam about retaining the WWE Title.
- Still to come, Shawn Michaels via satellite. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a look at Antonio Cesaro winning the United States Title from Santino Marella in the SummerSlam pre-show match.
- Cole leads us into a video package of highlights from SummerSlam weekend in Los Angeles.
Brodus Clay vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out comes Brodus Clay with Cameron and Naomi. We see footage from two weeks back when Damien Sandow attacked Clay on the ramp. Clay waits on Sandow to come out but we go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Damien Sandow. We get a side video where Sandow says he will send The Funkasaurus back to extinction tonight. The bell rings and Sandow goes for the leg but Clay beats him down and into the corner. Clay with rights and lefts in the corner. Sandow turns it around and goes to work on Clay’s knee. Clay shoves him off and hits a big clothesline.
Clay keeps control and takes Sandow to the other corner. Clay with a big belly-to-belly slam and an elbow drop. Clay talks some trash to Sandow. Sandow comes back with kicks to the knee and takes Brodus down. Clay comes back and shrugs it off. Clay hits the big splash in the corner. Clay dances on Sandow and hits the rear bumps in the corner. Clay with a headbutt to the chest. Clay misses another splash and Sandow rolls him up out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Damien Sandow
- After the match, Clay grabs Sandow and hits him with a big suplex. Clay splashes Sandow and dances as his dancers join him in the ring. Several kids wearing John Cena t- also come in to dance.
- Cole shows us some of the Superstar tweets on Triple H’s future. Still no mention of the Tout video from Brock Lesnar announcing he’s leaving WWE that was posted a little while ago.
- We see Shawn Michaels at home being prepped for the satellite interview. Shawn has his arm in a cast. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage of Brock Lesnar attacking Shawn Michaels on last week’s RAW. Cole is live via satellite with Shawn Michaels from his home in Texas. Cole asks his feelings on what happened at SummerSlam. Shawn says he thinks he knows what’s going through Triple H’s head right now. Shawn talks about preparing for your career to end but says there’s really nothing that prepares you for that day. Shawn says Triple H is a warrior and always has been, a man of honor and integrity – something Heyman and Lesnar would know nothing about, he says. Shawn says Triple H gave everything he had every night and SummerSlam was no exception. Shawn wonders if things would have been different if he was in Triple H’s corner. Shawn says he should have told Triple H the truth – that he didn’t think Triple H could beat Lesnar. Shawn starts to get emotional and says Triple H has nothing to be ashamed of. Shawn calls him one of the greatest Superstars to ever live. Shawn says he has always respected him and will always be proud of him, and always love him. Shawn thanks Triple H for a job well done on behalf of the WWE Universe. We go back to commercial.
David Otunga vs. Big Show
Back from the break and out comes David Otunga for his first match in a while. Otunga is introduced as a graduate of Harvard Law School. AJ Lee put him in this match and out comes the opponent she picked – Big Show.
Show comes to the ring and he’s pissed. He takes Otunga to the corner with a big body blow and then chops him to the mat. Show with another big chop. Show scoop slams Otunga and backs him to the ropes with more shots to the gut. Show knocks Otunga back to the mat and steps on him. Big headbutt by Show now. Otunga tries to fight back but gets knocked back to the mat. Show chokes him on the ropes now. Show with another big chop in the corner.
Otunga tries to fight back again but has no luck. Show with knees to the head. Show with another big slam and the knockout punch for the win.
Winner: Big Show
- We see the WWE.com video of Big Show venting after SummerSlam and wondering when he will get a singles match.
- Up next is Zack Ryder and Kane vs. The Miz and Daniel Bryan as ordered by AJ. Back to commercial.
Zack Ryder and Kane vs. The Miz and Daniel Bryan
Back from the break and out comes Kane first for his team. Zack Ryder is out next and is hesitant to enter the ring because of their past. Out next comes Daniel Bryan followed by Intercontinental Champion The Miz.
Bryan starts out with Kane but quickly tags in Miz as soon as the bell hits. Kane pulls Miz into the ring and takes him to the corner. Kane hits Miz and tags Ryder in. Ryder with some offense and knees to the face. Ryder with a dropkick on Miz. Miz stops him with a big boot and starts stomping. Miz with another big kick and a 2 count. Bryan comes in and continues the beatdown on Ryder. Bryan with knee drops to the back. Bryan wants Kane to tag in but goes back to work on Ryder. Bryan with kicks to the chest now.
Bryan with a big knee drop and another pin attempt. Miz comes back in and they double team Ryder. Miz keeps control of Ryder as Kane looks on. Miz with another takedown and a pin attempt. Bryan tags back in and hits a bunch of kicks in the corner. Bryan misses a clothesline in the corner and knocks Miz off the apron. Ryder tags in Kane and Bryan goes to tag in Miz but he jumps off the apron. Bryan ducks Kane and smacks him. Bryan leaves the ring and runs through the crowd. Kane stops chasing him and grabs Ryder. Kane hits a big chokeslam on Ryder and immediately starts tearing up everything at ringside. Kane grabs a WWE crew member and tosses him over the barrier. Kane goes back in the ring to Ryder and lays him out with a Tombstone Piledriver. Kane runs off to the back as trainers come down to check on the timekeeper who was assaulted.
- We see the WWE.com video of John Cena reacting to SummerSlam after the WWE Title match. Matt Striker is backstage now with WWE Champion CM Punk. Punk wonders who his next opponent is and says he’s already beat everyone. Punk is going to pick someone that a lot of people say Punk can’t beat. John Cena. Punk says under one condition and he will call Cena out in the ring later tonight to see if Cena accepts this condition. Punk says he is going to demand respect tonight.
- Up next, a #1 contender’s Divas battle royal. We go to commercial.
#1 Contenders Battle Royal: Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Kaitlyn, Aksana, Natalya, Alicia Fox, Tamina, Rosa Mendes
WWE Divas Champion Layla is at ringside for this one. All the Divas stare at her while Tamina backs up and here we go. Rosa is beat up by Tamina and Aksana early. She comes back and tackles Aksana. They roll around the ring and under the bottom rope to the floor. Cole says they both are eliminated. Eve and Kaitlyn go at it now. Natalya and Natalya work to eliminate Kaitlyn but she fights back in. Natalya and Tamina double team Alicia Fox and try to double suplex her out of the ring. Alicia counters and sends them to the apron. Natalya comes in and rams Alicia back into the corner. Natalya gets eliminated. Tamina kicks Alicia out of the ring. Kaitlyn eliminates Tamina. Eve gets Kaitlyn from behind and tries to eliminate her but she hangs on. Kaitlyn with an uppercut and a clothesline but Eve doesn’t go. Kaitlyn hits another clothesline and Eve is gone.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Kaitlyn
- Layla looks shocked at ringside as Kaitlyn celebrates in the ring. Layla claps for Kaitlyn and it appears Eve has a cut on her face.
- We get more stills from Lesnar vs. Triple H at SummerSlam. Cole shows us the beginning of RAW where Heyman bragged about Lesnar’s victory. They finally show Brock Lesnar’s new Tout video where he says he is leaving WWE for good.
- Up next is Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler with Jericho’s contract and Ziggler’s briefcase on the line. Back to commercial.
- We get another Wade Barrett vignette. His fists are his weapons of choice. His barrage cannot be stopped.
- Cole and Lawler plug the new WWE app.
- Vickie Guerrero is backstage talking to Dolph Ziggler about his match tonight. She says he must win for her tonight. Ziggler says he has to win this for himself and it’s the biggest match of his career. Vickie is freaking out about how they have to win tonight. Dolph says they will win, grabs his briefcase and walks off. Back to commercial.
Contract vs. Contract Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho
Back from the break and out comes Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero. Out next comes Chris Jericho and his ribs are still taped up.
The bell rings and they lock up. Early pin attempts and holds back and forth. Jericho drops Ziggler with a big uppercut. Jericho takes Ziggler to the corner with right hands but Ziggler comes right back and beats him to the mat. Ziggler with an elbow drop and a 2 count. More back and forth. Jericho dropkicks Ziggler out to the floor and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control. Ziggler drops a big elbow for another 2 count. Ziggler goes back to the headlock and takes Jericho down. Jericho back drops him. Ziggler runs into a boot in the corner. Jericho with a pair of shoulder blocks. Jericho goes to the top and crashes down on Ziggler as the crowd pops. Ziggler blocks the bulldog but they go to the corner. Jericho climbs up for a series of right hands and a scissors takedown. Jericho covers for a 2 count.
Ziggler comes right back with a DDT for a 2 count. Jericho blocks Zig Zag and goes for the Walls of Jericho but it’s countered. Jericho rolls him up for 2. Jericho with a clothesine. More back and forth until Jericho hits a bulldog. Ziggler blocks the Lionsault with his knees and hits Zig Zag for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Ziggler grabs the briefcase and celebrates in the ring with Vickie. We go to replays as Jericho recovers. Dolph runs around and poses on the turnbuckles as Jericho sits there. Jericho grabs the briefcase from Vickie and hits Dolph in the gut with it, then over the back. Jericho hits a Codebreaker and his music hits as Vickie yells at ringside. Jericho waves to the fans as we get another replay. Jericho shakes his head and greets a few fans at ringside on his way up the ramp. Jericho stops and looks back at the crowd as we go to a preview of The Day.
- CM Punk is shown walking backstage as we get another commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk. Punk stops and comes out in front of Jerry Lawler. Punk remembered how Lawler said he turned his back on WWE a few weeks ago. Punk wants Lawler to go ahead and admit that was a lie. Lawler said he meant no malice at all and felt at that moment that he turned his back. Punk wants an apology from Lawler. John Cena’s music hits and out he comes.
Cena hits the ring to a mixed reaction as Punk looks on. Punk asks if Cena could have waited until he called him out. Punk says he has been taking a backseat to Cena, Triple H and The Rock out of respect but respect is a two-way street and it’s never been reciprocated how it should be to him. Punk says people always ask him why he’s not in the main event. Punk says out of respect he has let Cena go on last. Punk says taking a backseat no longer makes any sense. Punk points out he beat Cena last year for the title.
Punk says Cena is the #1 contender because he has to beat him again, because he is going to beat him again. Punk says all Cena has to do is admit Punk is the best in the world. Punk wants Cena to tell the truth. Cena talks about how he hasn’t been WWE Champion in 9 months and how people stick with him through everything and have respect. Cena talks about the city of Fresno and gets them to pop. Cena says he’s not going to let everyone down and won’t be calling Punk the best in the world. Cena says to succeed, he has to believe in his heart that he’s the best. Cena talks about how he didn’t think he would lose to The Rock at WrestleMania and if he gets another chance, he will. Cena goes on and congratulates Punk on his title reign but points out he held it for well over 300 days straight. Cena says during that time he never came out and demanded anything from anyone, inside or out of the ring. Cena says Punk has been WWE Champion for over 270 days and all anyone remembers of him is the night he blew a kiss to Vince McMahon and left town. Cena says he isn’t here to stroke Punk’s ego. Cena offers Punk vindication and tells him to prove it. Cena says he can live with it if Punk doesn’t choose him as #1 contender because he’s confident he can get another title shot. Cena points out that Night of Champions is in his hometown. Cena says if Punk can walk out WWE Champion, that will defy his existence. Cena says the choice is Punk’s.
Cena says if Punk doesn’t choose him, he has no respect for the WWE Title or himself. Cena drops the mic and walks off to the back. Punk turns right to Jerry Lawler and demands the apology again. Punk calls Lawler to the ring for a conversation. Punk says Lawler went too far with what he said and owes him an apology. Lawler says this is all a misunderstanding but if Punk wants him to, he apologizes. Lawler turns to leave but Punk stops him. Punk says if Cena doesn’t want to say it, then he wants to hear Lawler say he is the best in the world. Lawler says he can’t do that and the crowd pops. Lawler goes to leave and Punk kicks him in the back of the head. Punk grabs the WWE Title and kneels down in front of Lawler. Some of the fans boo as Punk just stares at Lawler and RAW goes off the air.