WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. As always, you can purchase JR’s BBQ products on WWEshop.com. Here are some highlights:
– It’s curious that Spike hasn’t renewed Impact Wrestling as of yet for the new, fall season. That’s not a great sign and I hope that they do renew their relationship. Spike doesn’t have an over abundance of shows that draw a million viewers in prime time each week. That number could be escalated easily over time.
– We are working on dates for RINGSIDE w/ Jim Ross shows beginning in January 2015. @nickpampenella handles our routing so if you are in that business, please let Nick know if you are interested in booking a show. We’ve received amazing response on booking shows for next year.
– Bravo to Impact Wrestling for not starting off their Thursday show with yet ANOTHER long, in ring promo to start their show. Can’t others see how predictable and mundane this has become? If I’ve worked all day and I sit down to watch wrestling the last thing that I want to hear is yet ANOTHER show starting, never ending promo that forces me to attempt to process more minutia and to remember the info that I hear.
– Daniel Bryan has had a helluva, memorable year….main eventing WrestleMania, getting married, losing his Dad, undergoing neck surgery, subduing a home invader this week and now apparently needling an additional surgery to get him back in the ring. It’s not beyond the realm of comprehension that it could be 201`5 until he’s back in a WWE ring. Nonetheless it gives his body a chance to heal and for Bryan and his bride to enjoy life off the road to some degree. The glass can’t always be looked upon as half empty even though DB will be missed by his fans.
– The Lana & Rusev controversy is overblown in my view. They are fictional characters who are neither Russian. Could the writers have been smarter and more conservative in light of the recent tragedy? Absolutely. But is this a major travesty? Not even close. That’s my take.